Jodi L. Hemingway
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Criminal Defense 60%
- Domestic Relations 40%
Jodi graduated Magna Cum Laude from Michigan State University College of Law in 2008 and quickly focused her practice on providing tenacious, quality representation in high-profile criminal matters, and contested divorce and custody actions. She represents parents in child protective cases, juveniles accused of crimes in the family court, and she helps litigants restore their driving privileges after they have been revoked. Jodi has an active appellate practice as well.
During law school, Jodi clerked for the Honorable Joseph J. Farah in the Genesee County Circuit Court, immersing herself in the pursuit of learning everything she could about criminal jury trial practice, and after being admitted to the Bar in 2009, she quickly developed a reputation as an advocate who tries cases and wins.
Jodi is committed to social justice issues. Her path to the practice of law was a deeply personal journey, and she treats clients with empathy and respect. She treats each case as if it's her only case, and she fights hard for every client.
You can read about some of Jodi's notable cases by following the links below.
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Michigan-Flint, Flint, Michigan
- B.A. - 1999
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: English
- University of Michigan - Rackham Graduate School
- M.A., Master of Arts - 2003
- Major: American Culture
- Michigan, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2010
- People v. Buford, 7th Circuit, 17-0
- People v. Ryan, 46th Circuit, 14-3
- People v. Jackson, 7th Circuit, 16-0
- People v. Gilliam, 7th Circuit, 15-0
- People v. Hamp, 7th Circuit, 14-0
- Hon. Joseph J. Farah
- Hon. Mark W. Latchana
- Jay N. Clothier
- Charles R. Desotelle
- Hon. Joseph J. Farah, Legal Intern, 2007 to 2008
- Tucows, Inc, Managing Editor, 2000 to 2005
- Genesee County Bar Association, 2009 to Present
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, 2009 to Present